With approximately 30% of U.S. energy consumption attributed to the transportation sector, alternative transportation fuels are a significant aspect of our energy future. The Webber Energy Group researches alternative transportation fuels and systems, including the following:
- Algal-based biofuels: Lifecycle energy & water needs, thermodynamic limits, geographically-resolved production potential
- Electric Vehicles: Emissions tradeoffs, storage for grid firming, residential microgrid integration
- Natural Gas for LDVs: Infrastructure and policy barriers – The Green American Road Trip
- Water Needs for Biofuels: Benchmarking water needs
- Integrating Renewable Energy and Storage for Marine Transportation
Webber Energy Group Publications on Alternative Transportation Fuels are also available.